Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mini Review: Nautical By Nature. Icing Palette Review






Flash
No flash

This set comes with some really gorgeous blues, especially the second and third blue from the left and the second to last one. My favorite brown is the third one, its a really pretty copper tone and the second to last brown which is a nice reddish brown.
This set has some mattes and shimmers. The shimmers though are VERY shimmery/metallic, I made the mistake of using two of the shimmery blues and ended up doing what looked like a 80s hooker look.

Pros:
The palette is pretty pigmented except for one or two colors but even those are buildable.

The palette is 12.50, so it's really affordable. Often Icing has sales for b1g1 50% which was the case when I bought this though instead of another palette I got their "expert kabuki" which is super soft.

Cons:
Some of the colors apply a bit splotchy(The dark blue and dark brown)

Lasting power? On the lighter brown shades it was so bad by the time i was done with my eyes I had to retouch my lids because it had already faded away(without primer, with primer it's perfect)

The film that covers the palette when you first open it has the names of each eyeshadow but it's easily lost or tossed away so if you like to know the names of your shadows it's a bit annoying.

Would I buy this again: Yes, I'm thinking about grabbing some of their other expert palettes.

Currently this product is $12.50 with b1g1 50% and 20% off anything in your cart(the latter is online only)

No comments:

Post a Comment