Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Lazy Blogger, whoops

Oh wow, I haven't posted since my last what I'm loving Wensday. Bad Blogstress, Bad. I'll be posting up a winter nail art photo/mini tutorial if my nails decide to STOP BREAKING. I blame the cold front.

Also things have been hectic with the kids and my husband starting school last Monday. ALSO, It's almost time for my bake-a-thon!

Every year I go holiday baking crazy, this year it's pretty extreme.
Top and left are chocolate chip cookie, center jar is chewy brown sugar cookies and right is sugar cookie. I managed to do six mason jars and the tupperware before running out of flour, go me!
Since I'm at work with a broken oven I couldn't actually start my bake-a-thon! So I did a lot of prep. Turns out you should really really REALLY check how much is in your cookie recipe before you try to put it in a mason jar. I tried to put my cookie recipe in a mason jar and as I was going down the list I forgot it had over three cups of flour, my jar was nearly full already. It was not going to work at all. So instead I put it in a 64oz holiday tupperware container and it fit with a little extra room to spare.
So I'll be using that one for cookie baking since it's already done.

I also have to bake one of my mason jars since I halfed it! I have to make sure it comes out correctly and also the original recipe calls for 3 eggs, I'm going to bake the halfed recipe with 2 eggs and see how it goes! I really need new measuring spoons and baking bowls for xmas. My measuring spoon numbers managed to rub off, that's what I get for shopping cheap I suppose!

I'll post photos of how the jars turn out after I add tags and ribbons and all the pretty things! Also I'm going to be doing mason jar pies, I'll be posting the recipe for that! I'd post the cookie recipe but it's a family secret and I would be murdered.

Anyways later this week expect pictures of my bake-a-thon, hopefully all goes well in my kitchen considering it's so tiny. My kitchen is a oven, sink, one block of counter space. That's it. I have a microwave cart acting as a island/extra counter space because the small piece of counter I do have has my coffee machine and coffee and tea tins etc. I wanted to buy a island but my apartment is too small for that thought. It's an open floor plan and my guest futon folds out into the kitchen area! I can't wait to move in July!

Also I'm thinking about doing a mason jar cookie mix giveaway but I am still somewhat unsure if anyone actually reads my blog...I guess we'll see!

Also for anyone who is nut-free, gluten-free, soy-free or vegan, I'm working on a peanut butter imitation cookie recipe. I hope it turns out well. Some products may be processed in the same factory as nut/tree nuts/etc but I'm going to try and find all products without that warning to avoid a cross contamination issue. I have the recipe list that I compiled from looking at many recipes but I just have to buy it and bake it before I share!

My what I'm loving Wednesday post will be posted later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment