Saturday, May 18, 2013

Flower Cosmetics Skincognito



Flower Cosmetics Skincognito(Stick Foundation)

So as you may or may not know. Flower is Drew Barrymores new make-up line! As soon as I found out about this I ran out the door, hahaha. In my defense I love her and all but to get an affordable foundation stick I was maybe a bit too excited.

So I ran to the store to get this and a few other things in mind. Unfortunalyl this is only at Wal-Mart and only at specific locations. I emailed the company about it and they told me they're slowly expanding and will have more locations. My only store is about 15 minutes away so it's not so bad, but for you all who don't have a location by you(Check out flowerbeauty.com, they have a location tool) it can be ordered on Wal-Marts website.(Ofcourse doing that makes getting foundation even trickier)

So I wish they had testers but I picked the shade in 03. The shade is a bit light but the next shade would have been too dark. They have a limited range of shades which is very unfortunate especailly for darker or very fair skin.

The websites claims:

Translucent, second skin coverage allows skin's natural tone to show through.

I would describe this as very build able, from little to full coverage. I can get away with using this instead of concealer for my acne and red spots. From what I know this is an OIL based foundation so if you have a oily face you might want to avoid this. This makes my average T-Zone pretty oily but nothing a little powder doesn't fix for me.

The staying power without a primer for this is average, about 6 hours and it starts fading and I see some redness around my nose that I hate. If I use this I prefer to use a primer but that goes for most foundations for me.

Glides on smoothly and blends easily for an instant, uniform finish.

I don't struggle with this at all and I have to agree 100%. I just make some lines on my face with the stick and blend it out and it looks great, no streaks or anything.

I do warn you though, don't twist the whole thing up. This thing is so fragile and I have heard this from other people AFTER it happened to me. So I twist it up and it just breaks in half. Luckily it was a pretty clean break so I managed to fix it, kinda. More of an annoyance then a full complaint.

This product is $8.98. Available in store and online from Wal-Mart. For more information check Flower beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment