Monday, May 6, 2013



Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman

I know reviews on this have been done and done again because as most people know this is Sam from Pixiwoo's line. If you don't know Pixiwoo check out their youtube!!

The one thing I love about this line above all is the availability. Sigma, you have to buy online. Mac is online or stands only. Even ELF is pretty limited. But I got my brushes from Target(used my redcard and saved 5%. Score!!), they were also on amazon, walmart, I think even k-mart and of course on their own website. So availability is awesome.

While these are more expensive then ELF brushes the quality is better. Also I feel like the quality control is good. I've had hit and miss with my elf brushes. I've had them fall apart, bristles just come out all at once, etc. ELF can be hit and miss and the company never responds to my complaints. I've had about twice as many elf brushes as my Real Techniques but I've also had a lot of bad quality brushes from ELF too.(Almost all of the $1 dollar line is blech, I like the pro line but I've had some fall apart on me)

They have single brushes ranging from about 6 bucks to ten. Sets are about 17.99.(Cheaper on amazon but I like target because returns were easier if I was going to hate these brushes so you have to weigh the pros and cons) So wayyy cheaper then Mac and still cheaper than Sigma. Now, I cannot compare this to Sigma but I will when I get some Sigma brushes.

One thing I am not crazy about with these brushes is that they are THICK. The bottoms are made to keep them standing up. I always have my brushes in their case or in a brush cup, so this is not useful for me. Also I feel like if you accidentally hip bumped your table they'd all plop over anyways, so boo that.

I do love the little case they come in because it has slots of other brushes. The case can also sit up like a stand as well as be carried around as a little clutch, super cute!

As for the brushes themselves I have no complains. I love them all! I have the setting brush, 5-pc starter set and 4-pc core collection. I do plan on grabbing the rest when I have some funds. So far these are my favorites, I really liked my Sonya Kashuk brushes but these are becoming a go to for me. My only complaint is I wish their was a bigger variety like with Sigma and Mac but they seem to be adding new things on their website! Hopefully soon they will expand out and have just as many!


The quality is great, they are so soft and dense. I have not had any fall out so far. They're so great, no complaints that I can think of sans not having a big enough variety!

Like all my reviews these are my own opinions and the only free products I get are with store promotions. I'm a wee little blogger, no freebies here guys!
Disclaimer: Picture I used is not mine, my camera went missing plus my brushes are dirty! If this is your picture and I stole it I am so sorry I'll link you or remove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment