Tuesday, May 14, 2013




Hard Candy All Lid Up

Okay so recently Hard Candy has changed a few things and added a few things. I hadn't seen these before so I grabbed a few.



My colors include: Midas Touch(Golden Yellow),Tidal Wave(Turquoise), and Clam Bake.(Pearly White). They had a decent variety(10 shades). I really wanted to try the purple but they were all sold out. Sad.

Okay first of all if you dislike shimmery, they are not for you. All of these have shimmer in them. They are a creme eye shadow and they claim:

Vibrant, long wearing crème eye shadow lights up and enhances eyes. Our groundbreaking hybrid formula has a soft cushion texture that allows it to be worn as eye shadow or eyeliner. This crease proof, stay put formula is blended luminous, multi-colored pearls that provides glamorous evening looks

I have tried these with and without primer and as eyeliner and eyeshadow. Without primer these last for about 6-8 with minor fading and no creasing. When I use this with my UDPP it lasts forever. I accidentally fell asleep and woke up the next morning, my eyeshadow had faded but where I used this product hadn't budged. It had faded of-course but yeah, crazy staying power. These really make me remember that Hard Candy was once a  more prestigious line and not just a drug-store line.

I love to use these alone on my eyes. I know some people like to put eyeshadow ontop of them but the colors are so gorgeous I just couldn't do that. Though the white I have mainly used as a inner corner highlight I do want to try some colors ontop of it and see how that looks.

Warning: THESE ARE NOT WATER PROOF.
I teared up a little bit while wearing Tidal Wave and it traveled all around. I didn't even cry, just watery eyes and yuck, a mess. Of course I didn't catch that it traveled til later when it dried then IT DIDN'T WANT TO COME OFF. If these were waterproof and had more colors I might just call these 100% perfect.

My only other complaint is SO meager but....the labels. They bother me. They are placed on top of the lid. Which can be semi convenient to know the name of the product but it would be just fine on the bottom of the jar. It bothers me because the lid had a cute heart design and it's covered by the label. I took the label off of one of mine and put it on the bottom...unfortunately it left gunky stickerness on the lid and now barely will stay stuck on the bottom of the jar. Personally with cosmetics you think this would have been thought through a little better. In the end I'd rather the packaging have a complain than the product.
My pictures suck. Sorry. Anyways, I took the label off of the top of Midas Touch and left it on the others.

Midas Touch, Clam Bake and Tidal Wave swatches. No primer. It won't come off my hand, I fell asleep with this on my hand and it's still there. I tried to rub it off with water, nope. Only make-up remover. No primer either, these things are nuts.

Hard Candy is a brand only at Wal-Mart. These are $5 dollars a pop and can be found in-store or online. As always I never get anything for free.

Update: TIDAL WAVE DRIED OUT AND I'M REALLY UPSET. It was fully closed too...

No comments:

Post a Comment