Sunday, October 27, 2013

Morning Skincare Routine

 Morning Skincare Routine

So after a lot of testing I've fallen into a new skincare routine! My pores are smaller than ever my dark spots are fading and my acne is under control. These are products that work for me but may not work for you! I also do have a different nightly routine and rotating skincare as well.(Masks and other items I use a few times a week.)

My skin background:
Normal to combination skin depending on the season. The only reason I can say combination skin is due to my oiliness in my T-zone, my skin is never dry.

I have had products make my skin dry or over oily and after a lot of testing I have a solid skincare routine.(For now, I often change my moisturizers and serum depending on my issue at the time)

This is my daily morning routine;

The first thing I do in the morning is put cold water on my face because it wakes me up! Unfortunately this constructs pores, my water is very hot so I let it steam up and warm up my face a little before I do my cleanser. But in the end it doesn't matter too much because I always cleanse before bed and not too much dirt gets in my skin overnight so sometimes I even skip the steam if I don't have the time.(I have two boys 2 and under, I often don't have the time)


Every morning I use my Purity cleanser by Philosophy, this leaves my face feeling nice soft and clean. In the morning I just use a dime sized amount and rub it in with my fingers. Because it is morning and I don't need as intense of a clean I keep my scrubbing/exfoliating/brush for night time. This cleanser never leaves me feeling like I need a Moisturizer and even though it claims it will tone I like to use a toner afterwards because I have terrible enlarged pores and blackheads.

This cleanser is available at many places but I got lucky and got mine for $10 for 12oz at Sephora. Unfortunately that deal is hard to find/expired. Amazon and QVC are always have good bargams


After I dry my face off with a cotton pad I follow up with my toner. I use this toner(The Neutrogena pore refining toner) because one of my main issues is my pore size and I like to keep my blackheads at bay!
Also unlike most toners this does not make my skin dry. Which has a been a huge reason why I toners out of my routine for awhile. I believe I picked this up as a recommendation from a MakeUpByTiffanyD video.

 I got mine in store at Target for $6.49 but it is a drug store item and can be found at many retailers such as Walgreens, CVS and Wal-Mart!
After my toner I like to use a serum/oil/treatment, currently I am using the Vitamin C brightening serum by Peter Thomas Roth. Unfortunately at $85 pop, this is not my permanent serum. I got a nice sized sample with a PTR kit I purchased and it will likely last me the month but after that I am changing my serum.
This product instantly brightens the skin without making your skin oil as some serums can do.
Currently I am using this because my skin has no other issues. I do not need a acne treatment/serum or anything more for pores or redness so this is good for normal skin just looking for a pick me up.

The PTR Vitamin C Serum is Avaliable at Sephora for $85

Always be sure your last product dries fully before putting another one on. Make sure your toner is dry before serum and serum before moisturizer etc! Don't be impatient, let it soak into the skin!

I live in Florida, so with my moisturizer I like to have a high SPF to protect my face. My daily Moistener is different depending on where I am, I use one by clean and clear when I am in Indiana with family since I don't need the higher SPF.
This moisturizer by PTR is my favorite because it gives me adequate moister without any oiliness or film feeling like many others have given me.

The PTR max sheer defense moisturizer with SPF 30 is available at Sephora for $42

If you don't live in a super sunny area you could use a lower SPF, usually they are better in price, more widely available and cheaper!The one I use when I am in Indiana is the Clean And Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer.
Can you guess I got mine at Target?

It never hurts to use a higher SPF but since my PTR one is on the pricy side I like to conserve when I can. But it does last a long time, it only takes one or two pumps for the whole face.


After this I put on my primer and start putting on the war paint!

Soon I will be posting my Night Time Routine and my Once a week products.

No comments:

Post a Comment