Monday, October 14, 2013

The e.l.f. beauty bundle! And why I won't get it.



Okay, so recently e.l.f. revealed that they are started a subscription box! I was so super stoked and ready to give them my money....

Instantly I was upset.

I don't like being billed randomly and normally buying a annual subscription or 6 month etc will give you a discount.

Getting an annual plan does not give me a discount with this beauty bundle.

The worst part is: I have to pay for shipping? 40+ dollars a year.

Okay, really? E.l.f. is always offering free shipping and they can't wave the fee on a beauty box subscription like so many others can? I have never even paid 20 dollars for a monthly box, I like to keep it under 15. The value is said to be at least 40, so that value compared to some of my other boxes isn't even that amazing!
I would have tried it regardless , I was going to purchase at least one box to give it a try. I am honestly far too bothered by the shipping to give it a try and unless the company changes that I will not be purchasing the box. With the shipping it comes to about $27 a box, which is more expensive than my ipsy and Birchbox combined. NO THANKS ELF.

I love you guys, I really do...but this is a competitive market. The kits do include a lot of product and that's no lie. Honestly with all the sales they have, often 50% off deals and free kits with purchase I think I'd just prefer making an order every 8 weeks and not receiving the beauty box.

Also they list what you get, take a bit away from the mystery and if you're like me, you love a mystery box!

Perhaps a few boxes in things will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment